Impruneta

This renewed wine and oil-producing village is universally known for the beautiful ornaments made by terracotta that are produced there. This area was occupied in Etruscan and Roman times. During the Middle Ages it belonged to the Buondelmonti family and later on to Florence. Very important for its fame was also the Church of Santa Maria, named for the first time in a document dated 1040.